Welcome Families and studentsTop of Page
Do you ever wonder what an Elementary School Counselor does? What is my role here at Wilson? Here is a list of some of the things I do provided by the American School Counselor Association.
- Direct student services including:
- School counseling core curriculum specific to Wilson: Purposeful people through character strong, second step, and Toolbox (find more information on the website)
- Instruction - direct instruction for core counseling curriculum
- Appraisal - assist students in evaluating interest abilities, skills and achievement / Advisement - assist students in goal setting based on academic, career and social/emotional data in responsive services
- Counseling - in individual or small group settings school counselors provide planned, short-term and goal-focused counseling
- SCHOOL COUNSELORS DO NOT PROVIDE THERAPY OR LONG-TERM COUNSELING IN SCHOOLS. However, school counselors are prepared to recognize and respond to student mental health needs and assist students and families seeking resources
- Crisis Response - provide support and assistance to students and families as they navigate crisis and emergency situations indirect student servies including:
- Consultation - share strategies supporting student achievement with parents, teachers, other educators and community organizations
- Collaboration - Work with other educators, parents and the community to support student achievement
- Referrals - support for students and families to school or community resources for additonal assitance
If you are looking for support for you and your student please do not hesitate to call ( 530-846-3675 ext. 8225) or come by for a visit. I am here in room 25! Email is firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing all of you and our students!! Thank you for your time in reading!